HRH Gyaltshab Jigme Dorji Wangchuckgraced the inauguration of the newly built bridge, Wangchuck Zam, over Kuri-Gongri at Yangbari under Gongdu Gewog, Mongar on July 2 (15th day of the 5th Bhutanese month) 2015.
The programme included Lhabsang Thrusoel ceremony, Tashi Rabney of the bridge, inauguration of the bridge and cultural programme. HRH met over 1000 people from Yangbari, Daksa and Kumazong under Gongdu Gewog, Mongar Dzongkhag and Mikuri under Dungmin Gewog and Nyaskar under Chimung Gewog, Pema Gatshel Dzongkhag, and granted Tokha from His Majesty The King. The people offered Tshogchang and Buelwa comprising of local farm produces.
Other guests present were Gautam Bambawale, Ambassador of India to Bhutan, Lyonpo Jigme Zangpo, Speaker, National Assembly of Bhutan, Lyonpo Dorji Choden, Ministry of Works & Human Settlement, members of Parliament from Mongar and Pema Gatshel Dzongkhags, Dzongdags of other five eastern Dzongkhags, local leaders and officials from different agencies in Thimphu
The inauguration of Wangchuck Zam is dedicated to the celebrations of the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo.
Later in the evening, HRH the Gyaltshab visited the factories of Dunsam Cement Corporation Limited and Dungsam Polymer Limited in Nganglam, and inspected the activities and products of the two companies.
Bridge specifications & details:
1. Name of the bridge : Wangchuck Zam
2. Span : 400 ft
3. Carrying capacity : 24 MT
4. Date of completion : 9th June 2015
5. Construction of abutment
and return wall : M/s Tacho Construction Pvt., Ltd., Phuntsholing
6. Cost : Nu. 35.275 million
7. Bridge launching : Construction Development Corporation Ltd.,
8. Cost : Nu. 3.362 million
9. Steel parts manufactured by: M/s. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd., Kolkotta, India
10. Cost : Nu. 19.006 million
11. Total cost : Nu. 57.64 million
12. Bridge designed by : Bridge Section, Department of Roads, Ministry of Works & Human Settlement, Thimphu
13. Construction funded by Government of India
14. Inauguration date : 2nd July (15th day of the 5th Bhutanese month) 2015